Aug 14 2017
Any importer of new and used vehicles as well as simple customers is interested in making the importing process in the simplest and quickest way possible. Though this process itself is quite time-consuming and responsible, it can be successfully completed through the following easy steps.
Your vehicle’s importer identifies the desired car, negotiates the best offer, checking whether all documents are in place and providing a full report on the vehicle’s condition. The importer always guides the customer through the payment process, following it with the shipping process and required inspection. A professional importer can make your dream Japanese car delivered in four to six weeks without any delay or additional issues.
But as any other customer, you have to be aware of the main principles of car importing process to be sure that your automobile buying experience will be as smooth as possible.
5 Principles of Vehicle Importing Process
When buying your car abroad, a few things have to be born in mind in order to organize this process easy and fast. The actual procedure may seem to be too confused to start the deal. But the reality is simpler.
- First of all, pay attention to the technical requirements. In order to be transported to your country, a car must meet certain technical requirements. Every vehicle should have a COC, which is a Certificate of Conformity, to declare that the car complies with the given approved type.
- At the border, you have to declare your car. The weight and the value of your vehicle are crucial factors when determining the amount of the import duties. When making the declaration, you will have to present a set of the following documents: contract of sale, car registration document, identity document, and certificate of origin. Search for the full set of documents, your country requires, on the specific websites and official government pages.
- Next, you have to pay an automobile duty on the car in your country in addition to the customs duty.
- You get the inspection report and insurance certificate to be able to inspect the car at the vehicle licensing office.
- Transport your car to the specialists to check the condition of it for several times at different places to complete the process. Apply for the driver’s plate and register your vehicle in the region you live in officially. Remember that only those vehicles which have been fully inspected and have number plates with the registration document are permitted to use on the roads.
With the help of a professional importer, who monitors the whole process from the very beginning to the very end, car importing shouldn’t cause any additional problems.